Thursday, March 20, 2008

yarp

I do not multi-task. I take on more than I can chew, and throw all my balls in the air but I only catch one at a time. Thus my time management issues. Put all the tasks in a column, add a few blank checkboxes and I'm your girl. As a mom, you need to multi-task. I try, I suck at it. Aaron knows this about me, but after almost eleven years of marriage, you would think he would be use to it. The problem is that I over focus; when I am doing something I block everything else out. It was great when I was working, but not so much with the kids. I'm sure that's why Ava and Bryn create so much havoc. They generally find trouble when I'm working on something else. Like Ava spreading oatmeal all over the kitchen when I was helping Bryn and Lauren clean their room. Or I'm writing and Aaron speaks to me and I have to ask "What?" three or four times before I actually hear him. It's completely nuts even to me! I can be looking straight at Aaron, want to hear what he's saying but my brain can not turn off what I was previously working on. I feel awful. And then I try to focus on listening to him but I eventually get caught being absorbed by my other task. Then I feel awful again. I'd like to blame Patsy for this but she can multi-task, so can senior dich. It, unfortunately, is my own brand of crazy.

weekend sidebar: I'm going snowboarding with Aaron and Lauren on Saturday. I can't wait to see her on her board. I also can't wait to try out my new toe-cap bindings. Seriously, the toe-cap is genius, no more numb toes.

No comments: