My grandma Wilson is 92 or 4, I'm not sure. For the past year, the whole family has been prepping that she probably won't last much longer. My aunts and mother have taken turns helping her, she can no longer be alone but she wants to stay in her home. My aunts have done the bulk of taking care of her, and they've been champs.
A couple of weeks ago, Grandma's lungs began to fill up with liquid (I don't know the source). She went to the hospital and the doctors pumped her lungs. Then she was fine. Until last week, they discovered that her lungs are filling up again. So now my grandma has two options: continue to pump her lungs and prolong her life a bit longer OR go to a hospice and let nature takes its course--this would give her about a month to live. Of course they said the same thing with Grandpa after he decided to stop dialysis and he died two days after stopping treatment.
I think my grandma is ready to go but she might pump her lungs one more time because "it isn't a good time to die right now." She said this because Ron has a 3-week nonrefundable trip to China and Tami's cancer ("it's too much for the family right now"). So my grandma may die within the next two months. She's led a good life, she misses Grandpa, and her quality of life right now isn't great. Sweet lady. I love her and I will miss her. But I'm excited for her at the same time.
I just don't fear death. If I was faced with the same situation, I would throw a huge "see ya suckas" party and count my days to be reunited with Aaron. I say this now because I'm not actually faced with the situation. But thinking more about it, it would be a huge trial of faith. It completely challenges whether you believe in the gospel, the plan, and in Jesus Christ. It is the last step in faith, I only hope I will feel the same way as I do now: unchallenged and completely believing.
No comments:
Post a Comment