Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Bob Lob Law

Yeah, it is 3am and I should be in bed but I just finished the contract job and so I thought I would spew for a minute. So my children are obsessed with death. We talk about it a lot. They bring it up and we review the talking points:
  1. Our bodies stay on earth and our spirits go to heaven to be with Jesus.
  2. When Jesus comes back, so will everyone who has died.
  3. Then we'll have a "we've missed you party" with those that have passed.
Sometimes the details change and now Lauren has moved onto planning the party (I swear this girl will make a great event planner once she is older). Driving to the store today, Bryn busts out that she misses Grandpa Gray and that she loves him and that she misses President Hinckley. Then she begins to cry real tears. I try to comfort her by saying we will see him again when Jesus comes. This calms her down. But then it gets me thinking, what do parents say that don't believe in Jesus? How awful that would be, I am so grateful for Jesus Christ and his plan for us. I can't imagine a world without that hope of being together again. I only hope I can teach the girls to have the same faith. On a lighter note, Lauren was wondering how she would travel through space to get to heaven. I think I explained it, I'll find out the next time we deconstruct death.

worthy sidebar: I am a supermom today. Four kids, one cart, and a crap load of food. No issues, no meltdowns, I can handle four kids...today.

No comments: