Sunday, March 16, 2008

if you die first, I'm definitely going to eat you

Ok so I must really love Aaron because he subjects me to very dumb b-grade boy movies. He loves them, they are not a guilty pleasure, he finds them incredibly entertaining for their high unintentional comedy factor. . .and it is true, I am laughing with him because the lines, effects, plots or low budget are mildly entertaining. But most of the movies he makes me watch can and are painfully bad to me. So why don't I leave him on the couch and do something else? Several reasons, one I fall asleep cuddled up next to him, two I love him and while the movie may be bad I love hearing him laugh, or three sometimes they are entertaining bad/funny. So we watch these terrible movies and become dumber for doing so. In return Aaron watches Shakespeare movies with me, which unfortunately can be done poorly too. Kenneth Braunagh's As You Like It is topping that list right now. But I watch at least 4-6 bad boy movies to my one shakespeare/girl movie. Why don't I demand more? I don't know. I guess because I hate girl movies almost as much. A good romantic comedy is hard to find. I pretty much hate all girl movies that include JLo, Kate Hudson, and Reese Witherspoon. Except for Just Like Heaven with Witherspoon, that one isn't too bad. I've only seen clips of Kate and JLo movies and those were painful. So I have to ask myself, which do I hate more b-rate boy movies or bad romantic comedies? I don't know...I'm almost afraid to find out. So I joked with Aaron that I should create a March Madness: B- boys vs. Bad girl movies and see who wins. Hence my next entry.

No comments: