Friday, March 14, 2008

entitled, my experience upon the mothership, also autobiographical

As part of his interview with Smith, Aaron had to provide his top ten music albums of all time. This was a challenge for him being a giant music fan. I mean how do you pick just ten. Mentally I started compiling my own list. And I don't know if I could narrow it down to ten. I realized as I thought of albums/bands I would put on my list, they naturally fell in a chronological order in an autobiographical sense. Here is my list in order:



  1. The Beastie Boys: License to Ill (Elementary. The first tapes I purchased. Honorable mention to Huey Lewis and the News: Hip to be Square)
  2. The Cure: Kiss Me, Kiss Me, Kiss Me & Disintegration (The begining of Jr High)
  3. Depeche Mode: Black Celebration & Violator (Dishonorable mention: New Kids on the Block)
  4. Red Hot Chili Peppers: BloodSugarSexMagic (High School)
  5. Beastie Boys: Check Your Head & Paul's Boutique
  6. Pearl Jam: One
  7. Steve Miller Band: Best of (Honorable mentions to Mettalica and Led Zepplin)
  8. SaxMachine (ahh the rave years)
  9. Enya (college)
  10. Dave Matthew's Band
  11. Beastie Boys: Ill Communication
  12. George Winston: December
  13. Oasis (Honorable mention to London's finest: Fingerbowl)
  14. Soul Coughing
  15. ColdPlay: Yellow (married years)
  16. Beastie Boys: Hello Nasty
  17. Travis: the Invisible Band (This will always be my month in Europe with Aaron)
  18. Bee Gees (talking about crazy gold medallions)
  19. Dashboard Confessional
  20. Pinback (my latest anthem)

That's my life. The Beastie Boys have been an anchor. I ride on the bus to the city every day. I sit on the bus and dream myself away. I dream I'm on an island with that foxy lady too. And when I awaken, I must be mistaken, I'm on the avenue. Won't you take me away, or take away you. Get off the bus, it's time to get up and go to work.

1 comment:

AnnieB said...

It's actually John here but I don't have my own blog account so I just leave comments and people think it is Annie - I have to agree with the Beasties - I have an old school disc changer in my car and although it holds 6, only 5 ever rotate because there is always a BBoys album in the disc 1 position.