Monday, March 31, 2008

Si

mon. So we just returned from Southern Utah. We went to the (literally) growing twin cities of La Verkin and Hurricane, Utah. We went so I could say goodbye (without saying goodbye) to my Grandma Wilson. She is doing amazingly well for only having a few more weeks to live. In fact, you wouldn't even know she was dying, she seems as spry as the last time I saw her.

This weekend, lots of family popped in to "say goodbye." So it was a fun reunion of sorts...although as my aunt or cousins left they would have a cheery face for my grandma and then when we walked them to their cars, they would have tears in their eyes. We would talk about her as if she was already dead and then say "see you soon" since we'll all be back for the funeral.

My parents came down this weekend too. My dad acted weird on and off during the weekend. It was just like how he acted at Grandpa's funeral. I obviously don't know how it would feel to lose parents, but it was weird to watch my father going through it before it had actually happened. When grandpa died, we all knew it was going to happen but we thought we had a few months. Then he came home from the hospital, went to sleep and never woke up. There was no closure for anyone, especially my grandma. This time, everyone has time to have closure with grandma and it is a different weird. This weekend has been a very surreal experience.

On a lighter note: As we drove home, I couldn't decide who had the worst job: Aaron or I. Aaron drove the trip, but I was "on point" handling all children and driver needs. They both suck and are kinda sweet at the same time. I think Aaron got the better end of the stick this round...although it was snowing past Beaver...maybe I'll leave it at a draw. We'll see who wins for the Santa Cruz trip.

No comments: