The stakes are high, I'm nervous to see who wins. I've created two brackets that push the edge of ridiculous. I'm squaring off b-rate boy movies (of which I have seen all of them) vs. romantic comedies that star either JLo, Kate Hudson, Kirsten Dunst or Reese Witherspoon. I feel somewhat cool that I had to actually look these girl movies up on IMDB because I have not seen nor desire to see any of them. So here are the rules: I have to choose a winner of each match-up based on the scenario that I'm lying in a hospital bed with only two channels, I can't turn the TV off, "I'm all jacked up on Mountain Dew," and I can't move my arms or legs (hence I'm in a hospital). Oh and Aaron and the kids are out of town and visiting hours are over...I think that covers all my alternatives. What would I watch? The prize: if a boy movie wins, I won't complain anymore to Aaron about how terrible Bruce Willis is as an actor (seriously, this might be painful for me). If it is a girl movie, I'll Netflix it the next time Aaron makes me watch a crappy movie like last night's Ghosts of Mars starring Ice Cube. So here goes round 1:
Round 1
1.Monster-In-Law vs. Die Hard(er est) = Die Hards (yeah, JLo is that bad)
2.Wimbledon vs. Blade movies = Wimbledon
3.Fool's Gold vs. Pitch Black/Chronicles of Riddick = Fool's Gold
4.Sweet Home Alabama vs. Underworld (any) = Underworld
5.Shall We Dance vs. Doom = (crap, this one sucks, I'll come back to it)
6.Elizabethtown vs. AVP/Alien 3+/Predator(s) = AVP/Alien 3+/Predator(s)
7.How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days vs. XXX (vin d) = How to Lose a Guy
8. Legally Blonde vs. Fast and Furious (Tokyo Drift) = Fast and Furious (Tokyo Drift)
9. Maid in Manhattan vs. Mortal Combat(s) = Maid in Manhattan
10. Alex & Emma vs. Ravenous = Alex & Emma
11. The Importance of Being Earnest vs. Transporter (1 or 2) = Transporter (1 or 2) (this surprises me a bit too...but I hate it when Reese thinks she can act)
12. Jersey Girl vs. Starship Troopers = Starship Troopers
13. You, Me, and Dupree vs. The Crow (1 or 2) = You, Me, and Dupree
14. The Wedding Planner vs. Bad Boys (1 or 2) = The Wedding Planner
15. Legally Blonde 2 vs. Reign of Fire = Reign of Fire
16.Gigli vs. 5th Element = 5th Element
Overtime:
5.Shall We Dance vs. Doom = Doom (wow, I think this would easily be the worst night in the hospital)
Alternates: The Punisher, Hellboy, Van Dam/Segal movies, Ghosts of Mars, Scorpion King, or anything I've missed that stars Vin Diesel.
round 1 sidebar: Bruce should not have made it this far, I'm going to blame it on strength of schedule.
Round 2:
1. Die Hards vs. Wimbledon = Die Hards
2.Fool's Gold vs. Underworld = Underworld
3. Doom vs. AVP/Alien 3+/Predator(s) = AVP/Alien 3+/Predator(s)
4. How to Lose a Guy vs. Fast and Furious (Tokyo Drift) = How to Lose a Guy
5.Maid in Manhattan vs. Transporter (1 or 2) = Transporter (1 or 2)
6. Alex & Emma vs. Starship Troopers = Alex & Emma
7.You, Me, and Dupree vs. Reign of Fire = You, Me, and Dupree
8.The Wedding Planner vs. 5th Element =The Wedding Planner
Round 3:
1. Die Hards vs. Alex & Emma = Alex & Emma
2. Underworld vs. How to Lose a Guy = Underworld
3. AVP/Alien 3+/Predator(s) vs. You, Me, and Dupree = You, Me, and Dupree
4. Transporter (1 or 2) vs. The Wedding Planner = Transporter (1 or 2)
Round 4:
1.Alex & Emma vs. Underworld = Underworld
2. You, Me, and Dupree vs. Transporter (1 or 2) = You, Me, and Dupree
Finals:
Underworld vs. You, Me, and Dupree . . .
the winner is: You, Me, and Dupree
(of course I haven't seen this movie, so if it is a total suck fest...which I'm sure it is, I may have to reevaluate my life.)
I actually learned a lot about myself during this process. Aaron is stunned that Starship Troopers didn't make it further. After all, it was our first B-movie together and its comedy levels are high. Maybe next year.
1 comment:
I think of You, Me and Dupree as a boy movie. All I know is Matt laughed A LOT in that movie.
By the way, this is Toni.
Post a Comment