Tuesday, August 25, 2009

swine maid

or the case of the mondays? I'm not sure which. Yesterday, I ran around like a chicken and then to stress my day out even more, I volunteered to take dinner to a friend who just had a baby. To simplify my life (since I knew it would be a crazy monday) I opted to make a roast--easy in a crock pot. And it was easy, but then I had to round up all the children, since Aaron wasn't home yet, and all the food into the car. I took the first round of food and the wee ones out to the car. Then as I walked back in, little Bryn said, "Mom, why is all the food on the floor?" My natural response was, "What?!?!" I run inside to find the roast, potatoes and carrots splattered all over (my freshly mopped) floor. Utter devastation. What am I to do? I have two options: scoop up the food and put it back in the pan or bring cold cereal. I scooped the food (I made sure it was clean). It was an act of desperation. I took it out to the car and asked Bryn, "What happened?--The truth bryn."

She quietly responded, "I wanted to help, but I couldn't carry it and it spilled. I'm sorry." Tears dripping down her cheeks.

Who can be mad at that? I told her thank you for trying but next time please ask me for help.

2 comments:

Alys said...

Oh Bryn,

Sunny said...

Oh the horror for you...and poor little Bryn just wanting to help. Yah you really can't get mad at that.