Friday, August 14, 2009

Do you got a moment Mr President?

I signed up for tickets to go to the Obama town hall tomorrow in Grand Junction. Sure it's a 5 hour drive, but I really want to see and hear for myself what is really happening at town halls. Plus, I have my own questions, but I know I wouldn't be given a chance to ask them...I'm sure they are controlled. They control who goes and I'm sure they want to stack the room in Obama's favor...so my odds aren't too good. Although I am a registered Independent but if they see I'm married to Aaron (which I'm sure they check) then I know I won't get in. They're supposed to contact us if we're 'selected' today. Cross your fingers for me.

I also wrote both Senators and my House Congressman yesterday....I know, I'm an activist now. No, no I'm not. But I'm frustrated with the process and the blatant disregard Congress has for its constituents. One senator sent a canned email back, the others haven't responded.

Health care is a complicated problem; a few of my friends and I were discussing it last night, and we couldn't come up with a solution that everyone liked. Still, I don't think either party has our interests at heart and I don't believe a larger national health care plan will work. Medicare is a national health care plan for a select few and it is struggling in management and funding--so what makes Obama think he can do it on a larger scale?

1 comment:

Alys said...

Oooooh.... I hope you get in. It could be really exciting, and I bet you would see all kinds of CRAZIES.