Monday, August 17, 2009

Freeeeeeeeeedom

Lore and Bryn started school today; two children at home = freedom. Only two kids while I was grocery shopping, it almost felt lazy. Almost. And I'm only three years away from total freedom. That will just be freaky.

Bryn had a fabulous time in Kindergarten and she got all her baseballs. The school has a rigorous discipline system that requires the parents to sign each child's disciplinary report card daily. You get a baseball stamp for being Respectful, Responsible, and Safe. Aaron and I have been worried little Bryn may not be able to meet these expectations--especially since Tyler is in her class. She loves that boy and talks to him every chance she gets. But she did well and wants to go back tomorrow. This is good.

Lore's teacher is amazing and we've only heard great things about him. Plus she has cameron and aleaya in her class, so she's golden.

I wanted the early schedule and we got the late. But I'm glad for it now because I put little Morgan down for a nap as soon as we returned from the store, which gave me an hour just to hang with Ava. She loved it and then she fell asleep. Maybe with Bryn gone, I'll be able to get two down for naps. That would be a labor day miracle, but we can hope.

I've had more things to write about but they are blurred from my memory at present. So I think I'll go run.

Obama sidebar: he didn't pick me. maybe next time.

fab music sidebar: I'm loving Friendly Fires and Phoenix right now. enjoy.

2 comments:

Alys said...

I'm so glad they had a good first day. I can't wait to hear Bryn stories from kindergarten. They will be good.

Cami said...

How fun - the start of school. We're kicking the reading thing into high gear for Alex. Isn't it nice to just have 2? Glad the girls love school.