Monday, August 3, 2009

barney

So the morning before we fly home, Aaron and others go out on the boat for one last run of the vacation. And of course last run, Aaron falls wake boarding and blows his knee. We weren't sure what at the time, but we can now confirm that he tore his MCL and Meniscus. I wasn't on the boat because I chose to be responsible and stay home and pack up before our flight. So naturally, when he hobbled in and laid down on the couch: I was pissed. And it isn't like he meant to do it, it was an accident but I was pissed. Instead of being a kind wife like I should have been, I blew him off. And then we booked a ticket for Megan to fly home with us so that I could have help with the kids because Aaron was barney at this point. Megan was a saving grace. And thankfully our flight home wasn't full so Morgan got a whole row to herself--allowing her to be one of the better kids on the plane...not the best, but at least not a pill. Once we landed, juggling the kids, bags, aaron and finding the car took forever. We didn't get home till midnight when our flights got in at 9ish. Ridiculous, but still grateful to have had Megan. And grateful to be home. Aaron now hobbles okay without crutches and he'll go back in two weeks to see if he needs surgery. Awesome.

No comments: