So today I am calling it: it is officially the second worst week of being a mother. (The first worst week of course was the week Aaron was out of town and all four girls got the superbug where they all took turns puking and pooping all over everything.) This week started with Ava and Morgan coming down with mega fevers. After a couple of trips to the doctor's office, it was concluded that they had roseola and handnmouthnfootnsomething virus. Good times. Bryn just came down with the fever this morning, so I'm expecting my best week ever to continue a bit longer. Anyway, my week has consisted of lots of crying, holding, pacing, and not sleeping. This week I think I averaged between 3-4 hours of sleep a night, which helped me realize that I need at least a solid 6 to function at normal. I have high hopes for tonight since Morgan is somewhat on the mend.
This week has been particularly choice because I've also had a PMSing 5-year old. The teenage years are going to be devastating, I'm going to get my mother's curse four fold. We've had lots of talks about not acting like little Verruca Salt. I think it was Wednesday when all the girls were going nuts, and I couldn't take it anymore. So I decided to try Sunny's idea of having a party to swing the mood. When there was a lull in the crazy, I told all the girls to go get dressed up fancy because we were going to have a party. They loved the idea and immediately began to get ready, putting on dress ups, party shoes, fancy tights, jewelry, hats, the works. Only now I became Cinderella: Mom, where's my purse? Mom, I don't have a hat? Mom, she has more necklaces than me. I was not pleased, so we had another ladies chat. Twenty minutes later, we piled in the car and headed to SmartCookie. After several threats to turn the car around, we managed to walk into SmartCookie with no one crying. We had some cookies and went home...the dark cloud above our house lifted slightly but I do not recommend the party idea.
The only things lifting my swollen baggy eyes this week: my Glad vanilla scent trash bags--heaven in a trash can--and Wii Mario Kart, Aaron's going to get in in two hours. Love Mario Kart. Although GameCube mario kart not as good as N64.
No comments:
Post a Comment