Ok, I should be in bed with Aaron but I just finished working on this miserable contract job and now I just need a moment to spew my brains out.
Let it be known, from here on out I will not be taking any more contract jobs for the rest of the year...oh except I am helping STEWART! (it always feels good to shout his name) with a logo, business cards and a website...but that is it. No more. I am going to learn to say no. Why the sudden change in attitude? I am burnt out...just like I knew I would be. This current job started easy, and I finished it, then they asked for more help. But was it as easy as the last? Oh no. It sucks. I am hating on it. Thus no more contract jobs. My resume is sufficiently maintained for this year. If Aaron dies, I feel confident that I will be able to reenter the work force...yeah that's why I do it. In our old ward, one of the most inspiring women I know is raising 3 daughters after her husband died in a car crash. After it happened, she had to pick up the pieces, continue her husband's business, and raise 3 small girls 2, 5, 7. Sound familiar? Yeah, this is by far one of my biggest fears, that and a major natural disaster where I can't get to all the girls.
bleh. That felt good. now just a touch more.
So we did it, we finally found a way out of Utah. The recruiter called Aaron on Saturday, he got the job with Red Bull. Aaron's expecting a formal offer tomorrow morning. Based on what the recruiter said, it should be sweet. We'll see, I can think of a lot of sweetness. Denver here we come. Aaron has been daydreaming all weekend about the eat poo faces Ogio will have when they get the news. Although we need to burn about a week and a half of PTO, so I'm not sure when he will drop that bomb. I feel fine about Aaron working for Red Bull, but every once in a while I have the moral debate of whether a mormon should be promoting a caffeine-charged product. Aaron's job is to promote the brand vs the product but isn't that just selling Joe Camel to the kids? Yeah, I'll get over it. A few years with Red Bull will boost Aaron's resume, then hopefully Nike will come a calling. Or maybe we'll just do our own thing. We are stoked to be closer to Ry and Christy.
So on to my new thing: you know, in my spare time (which is mostly on the toilet or in the shower), I've been developing a business plan for my own retail store. It will be located next to Aaron's snowboard/skate shop...and preferably next to a grocery and movie theatre. I recognize I can't have my store now, swine kids, so this is part of my 5 year plan, once the ladies are all in school. I'm going to have a cookie cafe called: Deliciousity. I will sell about 20 different varieties of fabulous cookies, including Jonathan's monster cookie, banana chocolate chip, and some other delights. I also plan to sell my left over cookiedough as frozen ready-to-bake cookies and other fab ideas. Oh, I'll have a slurpee self-serve as well, because, frankly, slurpees are delicious...this is also leveraging my original idea of creating a mormon bar in Provo: you know, a place to hang out that sells just self-serve soda, slurpees, hot chocolate, juice, any drink really. My mormon bar was going to be named: Drank. You know, so you can go get your Drank on. I should probably trademark that. Of course after some research (Jonathan helped because at first he thought it would work too), we concluded that mormons are too cheap and that our average sale would only be about $2. So the volume would have to be insane to make any real money. I don't know, I still believe in Drank. I think if a hot dog stand can do well, so can Drank.
I think I have emptied my mind enough. Hopefully now Morgan will stay asleep. She always wakes up when I go to bed. I have rings like saturn under my eyes right now. cheers
Nevaehen sidebar: I'm getting closer. My birthday 5/14 is going to be the drop date for a readable version of my children's adventure novel. Porter and Addy are going to be my first editors. I better get cracking, I still want to run another round of edits over it before then.
No comments:
Post a Comment