Saturday, April 26, 2008

Not there. There.

On Sunday, I taught Relief Society. It went well, I didn't sweat (thank you Degree for Women Clinical Strength), and I think I covered all the main points of the lesson. Anyway, before RS started, I was sitting with Holly and talking about something when the 2nd Counsellor came up and asked if I was ready and if I needed any help setting up? At this moment I realized she was referring to the empty table covered with a lace tablecloth. I had no table display. I don't believe in them, so I had brought nothing. I held up my manual and said I'm all set. She smiled and said great. But she was clearly thrown and I'm sure this poor woman was stressing the empty table display. After she left, I turned to Holly and said, "Should I have brought something? It's just not my style." She answered No. And then we discussed the added value of the table display. There is nothing wrong with them, I just don't think about doing them. I focus on the lesson. My mother is the master of the table display. Anyway, to set the RS presidency at ease, I offered my pencil at the beginning of the lesson (that I also was using to prove a point) as my table display. This got laughs and a relieved smile from the 2nd counsellor.

No comments: