This weekend Aaron's family came to town. It was a busy one as usual, the girls were sad to see them go. Of course, granny will be back in two weeks, and then again another two weeks later, and then we'll be in Santa Cruz with them after that. Sometimes I think it is funny that they think we see my family more when in actual time, we spend way more time with Aaron's family. It isn't a bad thing, it's just funny that they think they're getting the shaft (when they aren't). It shocks them when the find out how little we see my parents who live 25 minutes away. I just like my space. Aaron respects it but doesn't understand it.
Anyway this weekend, I got them soo good...but probably not as good as I got Aaron. I love to pull pranks. I am constantly messing with my inlaws or any unsuspecting family member, really. When the group of them: Scott, Margaret, Kiersten, and Bryan got in to town, I made chocolate chip banana cookies--a favero family favorite, which none of them can resist no matter what wild diet they are on. I know this. So I quickly whipped up a batch and even let Kiersten lick the beater, to lull them into complacency. Then I secretly made a smaller bowl, about six cookies worth, with an added 1/4 cup of salt. I tasted my masterpiece and almost gagged on the playdoughesque cookie dough.
I baked the cookies, the bad ones of course came out first. And I neatly handed them each (including Aaron) a warm salty banana cookie. It was my luck that Aaron took the first bite. And after a few seconds he looked at me with his sweet eat poo face. I could not contain my laughter when he pathetically said, "You gave one to me too. I should have know." It was priceless. He was soo butt hurt that I would prank him too. Sometimes its scary how much he and Lauren are alike. Both love pranks but don't actually like them done to them.
One by one each favero fell victim to my cookie ploy because they were oblivious to each other's demise. They took it well but were greatly distraught. I told them that real cookies would be ready in a five more minutes, that eased their pain.
April fool's sidebar: I got Aaron's parents extremely well last year, so this year, Scott called Margaret at 6am on his way to work to reminder her to be on her guard if I called because it was April fool's day. I didn't have anything planned for them, again, I'm patient and wait for them to become complacent before I attack. At 10 o'clock that night, they called. They were disappointed that I didn't have anything planned for them. The fact that they were on guard all day and I didn't do anything made it choice.
No comments:
Post a Comment