Wednesday, June 11, 2008

prune candy

A week has flown by...we only have one more week in the house. It is weird to think that this is the last Sunday in our ward. We are going to miss our neighborhood and our friends. As always, I'm ready for a new adventure. Kids, of course, complicate it.

This past weekend Aaron and I did a whirlwind tour of Denver in the quest to find a house. It is complicated. If it were just Aaron and I, we would have made an offer on a house in Evergreen this weekend. But we have kids, so we're torn. Evergreen is gorgeous but it is a mountain town about 45 minutes out of downtown Denver (where Aaron's office is) and it has one ward (which may or may not have a Primary). This is problematic. The greater Denver suburbs of Broomfield, Westminster, Parker and Highlands Ranch are compact overpriced houses with no yard. We were not impressed. But they guarantee huge Primaries, community pools, and neighborhood playmates. Everything the kids could hope for. We're pitting the mountains vs. community. We don't understand why all the people want to live so close together. If you want over a .25 acre, you're looking at 500K+. Who thought it would be a good idea to put a 4500 sq ft home on a 5500 sq ft lot! This is coo coo! Bryn could spit on the neighbors from the backyard. yikes.

Of course we found a great house in Parker on 2 acres but the bastard is a short sale. So our real estate agent doesn't want to touch it. We still might pursue it when we get there in July.

Aaron's out of town till Sunday. I get to clean, pack, and wrestle kids. I love it. It is the best. It is fantastic.

No comments: