[a little back story]
After ripping Bryn and Ava off the Primary microphone several times while I was trying to clean up the room for the next ward, I had finally had enough and told both girls they were in timeout as soon as we got home. And of course it snowed five inches, so as we tromped out to the car, Ava is being especially slow and pesty. I finally grabbed her and threw her (not literally) in the car. My nerves are shot, I've got a cold coming on, and the girls are going wild.
Ava begins kicking her feet back and forth in the air throwing snow all over the car.
"Ava, you better cut that out."
She glares at me and I watch her from the rear view mirror. Her eyes narrow and a wicked grin spreads across her face. She kicks again. Harder. Snow sludge hits the back of my head.
"Ava, you want to up the ante? Then we will up the ante!"
Her feet stop kicking. The car is quiet and I turn on some music to drowned out my anger. A few minutes pass.
Then a soft whisper, "Mom, do not up the ante. I do not like the ante. Please, I love you mom."
I smile.
[end scene]
3 comments:
I love it.
Sweet little Ava!
That's really funny! I'm curious to know what your ante was after getting hit in the head with yucky shoe snow.
Post a Comment