Tuesday, August 12, 2008

look at her, she's just soo old

So I've been having difficulty judging how old I look. I feel continually 24. Do I look this number? No. But do I actually look 33? That's another question all together. I went to this RS activity the other night, at the party they went around the room and had everyone say a little somethin-somethin about themselves. A couple of the ladies, I would have sworn were pushing 40...and then they said, "oh and I'm 30." And I think to myself: if you're 30, then oh crap, I might look like the crypt keeper. And then there are girls in my ward that I think are my same age, but watch they'll turn out to be 26-28.

Age is such a perplexing concept. It frustrates me that time determines it and that we must continue to age despite how we feel. I think you should be the age you feel. I'll have to talk to Heavenly Father, when I meet him, and discuss the flaws in our aging system.

Aaron turns 35 in February...we discussed that he would soon be closer to 40 than 29. This freaked him out. It made me grateful that I was only turning 34, but let's face it, I'm only 1 year away from the same fate.

No comments: