Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Up there. If you think, you're dead.

Today I took the kids to the Anderson Farms Pumpkin Patch/ Corn Maze Extravaganza. The girls more than enjoyed themselves:
  • hay bale maze
  • pumpkin playground
  • petting zoo
  • tractor ride
  • train ride
  • peddle carts
  • corn maze
good times....until the corn maze. I was in the rear with the slower 3 yr olds while my friend managed the older lot. I glanced over at Morgan and she was clenching her cheeks and had the ultimate oops-I'm-gonna (crap my pants). I asked (more to confirm), "Morgan, what's wrong?"

"I'm gonna poo it." Shear desperation. We're deep in a maze.

So I did what any good mother would do. I grabbed her and dove off the path into the corn, dropped her pants and squatted her into position. She let it fly. I wiped her with dry husks, covered her fertilizer in dead corn and husks and walked away.

Sure some of you may judge my decision. I have no regrets. You weren't there. Sometimes there are casualties in potty training.

3 comments:

Alys said...

OH MY GOSH! That is the funniest thing I have heard in a long time. That is so awesome. I think I would do the same thing. In a corn maze is much better that other places.

christy said...

Hilarious! I fully support you. Hey, at least it wasn't a soccer field. :)

RC Cola said...

I love this story!