Friday, October 29, 2010

Eww. Who pooped in their panties?

Morgan could not stop saying that all week. Apparently she has a super sniffer this week and everything stinks.

On Sunday, we did it. We officially became Coloradans: we fulfilled the requirement of vacationing at Mt. Rushmore. A bit random but everyone we know here has gone or plans to go because it is awesome. Seriously, it is awesome. We had the best time.

Let the record show that Mt. Rushmore is a huge tourist trap, but crazy family friendly which makes for good times with the kids. And because it is off season, everything was empty. We loved it. Yes we were a bit cold at times (we may have seen snow) but it was nothing hot chocolate couldn't fix. What we did:

Mt Rushmore (of course). We were one of maybe ten cars there, so it felt like we had the whole mountain to ourselves. There is a fun walking trail up to the monument that the girls ran full speed and we didn't have to stress because (did I mention this) no one was there.

Custer National Park + Needles. We drove the park loop. Buffalo, mountain goats, elk, and deer. Caves and the cool Needles area. These rocks are amazing.

Custer City. Half of it was shut down for off season but good times.

Watiki Indoor Water Park. This was connected to our hotel. I felt like a ten-yr-old kid. I love water slides. Lore and Bryn were loving the huge slides too. Even Ava went down with Aaron. I love that our kids are getting old enough to do this stuff. So fun.

Bear Country USA. Sweet. If I had had the courage to roll down my window, I could have petted an arctic wolf. But I didn't dare. Those things are big and mean. They were pacing the electric fence just watching the reindeer.

Reptile Gardens. This is where Morgan freaked out because the reptiles were too stinky. She walked the entire exhibit holding her nose asking who pooped in their panties. She did unplug to pet the albino python.

1 comment:

Megan said...

i can't stop thinking about this indoor water park!!!!!!