Sunday, October 3, 2010

Peace! You will have no peace.

Recently I read The Good Earth which follows the life of a Chinese farmer. Toward the end of book, the old farmer just wanted peace. Peace with his family, time to relax, and a quiet existence. When I was reading it, I thought enough with the peace already. We get it.

Today I really get it. It is conference weekend and as I battle my children for peace so I can hear the prophet, all I want to scream is: can I get a little peace? 2 hours. Is that too much to ask. We passed out conference activity packets to the kids at church but my girls blew through their packets during the first Saturday session. Only one more session. I can do this. I can do this.

1 comment:

christy said...

I totally get it. I had the conference coloring pages and bingo all ready for the Sunday morning session and each kid had their own bag of M&Ms and all. I was picturing a happy, peaceful morning-wrong! "That was my m&m! He's too close to me. What does this say? I need more m&ms" etc, etc. There is no magic solution.