Thursday, October 1, 2009

are those the panties that your mom laid out for you

My latest fantasies are web related:

Screen-ed: a website dedicated to reading the school textbooks and outlining any thing that may raise concerns for parents. I like to think it is the Screen-It for textbooks. Parents can read a review of their child's textbook and know about any red-flag chapters their child might read. So that the parents can discuss/focus on these chapters with the kids when they get to them. (my holdup: time and I don't have the books and too much diversity in book selection even within the state.)

[untitled]: A fusion of starfall.com, sight words, rocket math and number games smooshed into a very flashy fun game site for kids. This is a particularly attractive fantasy business right now because it can help my day-to-day life of supplementing the kids' education. It consumes most of my shower time and I'm constantly tempted to start it. And I would love to improve my flash skills. Active X is a retarded language, it is amazing to me that Macromedia has been able to stave off competition. There's a lot to be said for first-to-market. (my holdup: time.) I'm tempted to storyboard the whole site right now. I'm not kidding. It would be so easy if I didn't have to sleep. swine sleeping.

Seriously, Aaron is lucky. What wife fantasizes about business ventures? Power nerds like me...jealous?

2 comments:

Alys said...

Starfall is a good site for the little ones. You should have your kids go to tumble books. You can get to it through the New York Public Library page. They animate books for a more interactive book on tape experience.
http://kids.nypl.org/
Just click on Tumble Books and you get there. I think it is a pretty neat one for the kiddos.

Natalie said...

I really like this idea! And I'm going to have to try out the tumble books.