So since we are going to Utah this weekend and will be driving home on Father's Day, we decided to have FHE Father's Day. We surprised Aaron with cards, candy grams, rocky mountain caramel apples, a man project (installing speakers in the master bedroom), and bikes. We live a half block to the reservoir trail that is an 8 mile loop--perfect for biking. Aaron and I have been talking about buying bikes and the kids tows since we moved in. So I finally did it. And it is awesome. We didn't do the trail last night, Aaron just towed the kids around the neighborhood, and they loved it.
Once we put the kids to bed, I took my bike for a spin. I forgot how much I love riding a bike. I love it. I felt like a ten year old kid cruising the neighborhood and it brought more happiness than I expected. And our neighborhood is a bit hilly--not like the California hills, more like Austin Texas hills, which is flat areas with dips. Colorado is not hill country; it is the high plains (hence the tornado. oh and we've had tornado warning every day since the little one. crazy.) Still, the hills/dips are deceiving, they're more work than you think. And my bike is a no frills/gears beach comber. So yeah, it was a regular spin class by the time I was done. So now I might switch out some running nights for bike rides. I'm very excited.
4 comments:
That sounds super fun. I'm jealous.
I bet the girls love it. I peeked at bikes the other day at Wal-Mart. Someday we too will have bikes and even kids to tow around on.
Ok so why didn't I know about this blog!?! I think you told me forever ago before I understood what blogging was and then I forgot because you started the Bravas. Glad I was blog stalking Christy's friends.
I want a bike.
Post a Comment