I feel like I'm running on survival mode instead of living. It is just one thing to the next: busy, nutty, busy. So here is a quick recap--hold on, I need to order a pizza; that's why I got on the computer in the first place. Okay, yeah it's a pizza night.
Utah was fun except for puking Morgan. The Colorado Rockies were not kind to her either way. It added another hour to the trip. It was fun to see grandparents and cousins but that's all we had time for: we grossly underestimated how much time we had outside the planned itinerary.
We went to Cam and Amber's reception all day Saturday--non-member weddings are always good; they create perspective. And while Aaron has really nice friends, their lifestyle is weathering them. We were probably the oldest people there but you wouldn't know it from looking at all the faces. Plus, drunk dudes wanting to swing later is never good. weirdo.
And now it is Wednesday. yikes. It has been a whirl of meetings, scavenging, pool, tornado-cloud watching and party planning. Lore turns seven on Friday and we are having a 2-day festivus (mostly because Aaron will be gone on Friday). Shew, so much work for a tiny family party plus one friend.
And now my final (but original) thought: I took a bath last night to calm my pulsing nerves. This is kind of a big deal for me because it is my third of fourth bath since we moved in and I enjoyed it. Which means I have to admit that I'm becoming a bit of a soaker (not a bather...at least not yet). This is a huge because I hate baths--wallowing in your own filth, gross, I have issues with it on many levels. I once broke up with a guy because I thought I heard him in the bath while we were talking on the phone and I couldn't date a guy that took baths. sicko. I know. So I bathe now. Nasty but it felt good.
No comments:
Post a Comment