Sunday, June 7, 2009

yeah

Today has been nuts, the past two weeks has been nuts, and then there was a tornado. YEAH, a tornado, I could see it from our window. It hit the mall near our house and went down the street of one of my friends. Crazy. Luckily, no one was hurt and damage hasn't been too bad. We didn't have wind, just wicked hail and I do me wicked...with a W.

So last week, Christy and kids came and it was fabulous--except for the sunburns. Lore forgot to get relotioned and burned under her eyes. All the kids at school thought she had a black eye because it was so bad. She's fine now. As for me, I had a bad shorts line so the genius that I am, I didn't lotion and now my legs are toasty. Still, you can't beat our pool, it is loads of fun. Bryn is getting really good at swimming and Ava is ready to start.

It was so fun to have the cousins together, Luke and Morgan had a bit of a power struggle but they hugged it out in the end. I love Christy, I have pretty fabulous sister-in-laws all around and I'm grateful.

Last Sunday, our ward finally split. Everyone in the new ward got released. Hooray for no more smelly-farty boys. Sad, because I'm realizing that most of my friends are now in the other ward but that's fine. We're just grateful to be off the hard folding chairs...we were 3 minutes early today and we were still in the overflow, but grateful for padded chairs. It was posh living we haven't enjoyed since forever.

On the flip side, I've now been given a calling that's a bit more involved than Val10. I can only pray and hope for the best. We'll see how it goes next week.

2 comments:

Cami said...

Congrats on being released from the smelly boys and give us a hint what the new calling is. We have to leave for church 20 minutes early if we don't want to be in the overflow - yeah, it's a little ridiculous. Such is life.

Alys said...

Well, your calling can't be as time intensive as Seminary teacher. Sean actually is getting released and he is kind of sad. He want to teach BOM next year. I'm curious what his new calling will be.