warning: I'm about to throw up a ton of thoughts.
I just returned from a conference at Lauren's school and I had to blink twice to remember that it is a public school. The cherry creek school district is demanding but performance driven, and it is exactly what lore needs. . .we'll see how Bryn does in Kindergarten next year. Lore love rules; Bryn can't be bothered by them if they stifle her creativity.
Ava drew another picture today with multiple people on it--this isn't half bad for a kid that still claims the number 2. Her little people have claws for hands and feet but I'm impressed that she draws them. She also colors in their clothes with a fair amount of skill. She takes pride in her pictures too (she's currently sleeping with today's drawing). I'll have to create some sort of structured art time for Bryn and Ava...maybe during Morgan's nap.
Denver's weather is beautiful but a little too beautiful--you know, where you forget how bad it can be and you take it for granted. The past few days have been 60's and gorgeous. They claim to have more sun than Arizona and I'm starting to believe it. But I kinda hate it too. Don't get me wrong it is great for the kids--especially since we can go to the park every day. But I love gray days and I miss the snow. 15 years in Provo and I still love snow. We've only had two good sledding weeks here. And when it is nice out, I'm ready to buy summer clothes and pack away winter, but it isn't even March yet! So I spit on you: beautiful sunny denver weather. (Aaron curses you...he would live on Hoth if he could.)
My sunday school class is starting to talk like me. On Sunday, Jaden boasted that "he owned most reverent last week." It was funny to hear it. Like when you hear yourself in your kids. I should probably speak more properly.
There's a good chance we're going to Utah next week. It will be good to see the peeps.
On a contemplated whim, I painted our guest room last night. I am becoming a master of painting the top trim...no need for tape, I can freehand a straight line.
Last night I dreamt I was at the Tate (my favorite museum in London). They were missing my favorite painting: Hope. I was grateful that it was just a dream.
okay, I should probably go: I still need to run tonight. cheers.
1 comment:
Oh, I miss London. And especially the Tate. We need to take a girls trip to LONDON :). Yes, London reunion 2015.
Post a Comment