Tuesday, February 10, 2009

aim small, miss small

Aaron left for SoCal this morning and so to ferret away my nights I am tackling my NICU project. I decided that trying to help every baby that comes to the NICU is beyond my scope of achievement. I decided a more attainable goal would be 50 care packages. This I can finish by the end of the month. Here's where I stand:

50 Namecards for baby stations: done. Although, putting them together I realized I'm not a scrapbooker--I loathe it actually--and I can't cut straight and should have invested in a paper cutter.

50 swaddling blankets: getting it done this weekish. I have all the fabric and I'm cutting them tonight. I almost 86ed this but I was able to get a screaming deal. (Seriously, I saved $200. Who does that? Geniuses. Oh, that's right, I am one; so this actually makes sense.)

50 beanie babies: done. Although, I found this great deal online and they sent me a grab bag of assorted bears. Great, right? No. 15 of the bears are completely unusable. They have logos and I heart Canada on them. I'm going to donate the 15 to a homeless shelter and find some plain ones to order.

50 packs of 5 thank you cards: done. This was the easiest.

50 pocket sudoku books: on order. It is hard to find them in bulk. Thank you B&N.

And thus completes my accounting of my project. Now on to my week. It is crazy. I have flashes of panic to get everything done. And I forgot to register Bryn for Kindergarten today, which means one more thing for tomorrow.

Aaron's birthday is on Sunday, I have no idea what to get him. He buys everything he really wants or needs. Or he leaves really boring things like shoes and dress pants as my options. This is no good. What do you get a boy that has everything? (within reason, of course.) I thought of getting him scuba lessons but the classes don't work with his schedule. Crap, he's turning 35; this is kinda a big one.

At least, I have fun plans for us on Valentine's. He's going to freak (in a good way) when he sees what I have planned. Although, I invited some friends to go with us because my plans are not romantic in any way. I hope he's not planning on romance...we've been married long enough for him to know I'm not mushy gushy--no bears or hearts allowed.

arf. I think that covers my most pressing thoughts right now. I'm going to go cut blankets. cheers.

1 comment:

Cami said...

Way to go on the nicu project - that's awesome!