wow, what a day. I don't even know what happened; it was all a blur. Nothing traumatizing or ridiculous--just one of "those" days. So the kids are all in bed and Aaron is at scouts; my life is quiet for the moment but my brain is spinning a million ways.
And I'm going to book club on Friday and I didn't even read the book. I know that sounds incredibly silly...and it is. I'm only going because my friend wanted to go with me and because someone's father is coming to speak about Vietnam. The book I was suppose to read is Tim O'brien's The Things They Carried. I know it has won awards but I just couldn't read it. Aaron drowns me in war documentaries ( I know Band of Brothers by heart), and a fictional Vietnam book--eeeeh, I just wasn't into it. Originally, I wasn't planning to go (but now that I am), I felt guilt and scrambled today to find the book: out everywhere. So I am going to book club without reading more than the book cover. sweet.
What else can I dump from my head? Oh yeah, so one of my many goals is to do something for the NICU here. I know what I could do for the NICU at Utah Valley (and maybe I still should--those nurses were incredible) but I want to do something locally so the girls can be a part of it. I know I need to just call them and find out what they need or what could help lift the parents. I just haven't had time and/or, more critically, my phone has decided to stop working so I have to drive again to catch up on my correspondence. Aaron and I actually debated getting a LAN line today...we haven't had one since 2000. I need to call Tmobile tomorrow. swine cell phone.
I really need to make a (physical) list for tomorrow.
Mayan Calendar sidebar: Okay, so I was reading my entry below and it sounds a bit coo coo. So I thought I might (hopefully) dilute the crazy. One, Mormons don't believe in the Mayan Calendar as prophesy. Two, I do not subscribe to the crazy new age crap associated with 2012 or the Mayan Calendar. I do believe that before Christ comes again there will be a destruction period here on the Earth. What is going to go down: see Revelations and the D&C. Will the destruction period begin when the Mayan Calendar says it will in 2012? No one knows. Do I think it will? No. I have no idea. I just think the calendar is fascinating. If it does? Oh crap. If it doesn't? no worries. It doesn't affect my testimony and shew, we have a bit more time. So then why am I excited about the 2012 movie? Because I've read a bunch of the new age crap trying to learn real truth about the Mayan Calendar. It is a whole new level of crazy, and I love it from a entertainment perspective. The movie should be a good ride and get people riled up just like the Da Vinci Code. Okay, I think that covers most of the coo coo.
No comments:
Post a Comment