Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Ever hear of Plato, Aristotle, Socrates? Morons.

licken splicken...I can't think today. Let's start with what I do know: going to the book club without reading the book was still a good idea. Ann Janae's dad talked a ton about Vietnam and I learned a bunch. I still don't want to read the book, because it is fiction. Although Ann Janae's dad read it and said all of it was believable. Still, it's about war. I know enough about past wars, so it is still not worth reading...to me.

I called the NICU. They need care packages for the parents. This NICU is small (only about 15 babies a month). Utah Valley averages 45 babies in the NICU every day. Still, it was good coming from the the machine that was Utah Valley because I have a ton of ideas--thanks to their parent network. I've also been asking other friends here, who have had NICU babies, for ideas. Here's my list for the care package so far:
  1. cute scrapbook card (to put the baby's name on and hang on baby station)
  2. snuggle swaddle blanket (this is going to be the hardest to get done)
  3. beanie baby (for comparing the baby's size now and then at a year)
  4. thank you cards (for people that help get you through the tough time)
  5. pocket sudoku (for the boredom that is the hospital)

My Valiant 10 class all got star cards on Sunday for being the most reverent during Sharing Time. This is a huge accomplishment for me. I have 7 boys and 3 girls. And 3 of the boys are cute but crazy and rile up all the others. Reverence is a constant challenge. I've got them motivated with a point system but they require constant vigilance. I love all the kids, they are a bunch of fun...but I secretly hope I lose half the boys when the ward (hopefully) splits next month. They exhaust me.

So I've been running 2+ miles every day. But I need faster results and I like my treats. So I'm upping my mile count to 4.5 a day. If I don't reach hot mama status by bathing suit weather, I'm going to be pissed.

I've been working a ton on my book and challenging myself to perfect 5 chapters a month. You would think this should be easy when it is already written but I'm adding and subtracting plot every time I work on it. Anyway, I gotta get it done because I'm planning to attend a Children's Writers workshop in May to schmooze the agents. Man this is a process. And my plot is a 6 book series which I'm constantly developing in my mind. I should probably get the whole outline out on paper before I forget critical parts.

and yadda yadda yadda, it was 70 today. We went to the park for a couple of hours. The kids ran and played until they could barely walk home. I practically dragged Ava. The kids were ready for bed, which was good, because I was ready to put them to bed.

And yes, Obama is finally president; I'm ready to put that story to bed so we can get back to real news. He'll be a nice face for America....I just wish his policies were better.

Aaron left for X Games today. It's in Aspen, I wanted to go with him but his group got a condo instead of hotels. Oh well. I'm going to start the Princess and the Hound tonight. Hopefully it is a good book. I'm always nervous about young adult.

and yeah, that's about it. my head is empty of thought. chow.

No comments: