Friday, October 17, 2008

the what?

I hate our bank; we currently bank at 1stBank of medieval times. I've had many issues with them since we opened the account: no drive-up teller, debit card that only works as a credit card, you have to total your own balances and do your own math because none of the tellers use computers, no receipts, etc. Crazy. But today was the deal breaker.

I splurged and took the tollway to Costco (even though sam's club is less than five minutes away). I love Costco, it is superior to Sam's in produce, products and delightfulness. So I have three kids and a loaded cart; we go through the checkout--only to find out that they don't take 1stBank debit. This is no good. Costco has an ATM, but this doesn't help me because I don't remember my pin for my crap card. So I had to leave the cart of goods, pack up the kids, find a 1st bank, do some more medieval banking and then head back to Costco with cash. They are building a Bellco near our house, as soon as it opens: we're switching.

The crazy part is: I had no idea I was this demanding of my bank needs...which granted are basic banking needs, but still.

1 comment:

Alys said...

Brooke, I hope you don't mind I found your little blog. It is Friday, I got home from work and there is nothing on TV besides the news (we don't have cable), so I decided to get on and check blogs. It can take up a lot of time when I go from one to another clicking more and more links. Anyway, I miss you and your family. Reading these stories just made me laugh because I could picture you telling them to my face. Good luck with the bank. What a pain!