Thursday, October 2, 2008

The point is, this is what I'm gonna do

Colorado is awesome, we absolutely love it here; but Aaron and I have issues with three things:

  1. Colorado's obsession with their elevation. Okay, we get it, Denver is a mile high above sea level. But is it necessary to point out the elevation of a city instead of its population. Or college kids listing their elevation instead of "go team" on their football posters. It's a bit ridiculous.
  2. Colorado's love of the buffalo. There are cool buffalo you can see grazing in the foothills of Denver--right near Buffalo Bill's grave. But other states have buffalo, so why does Colorado revere this animal above all others? (This is rhetorical, I do not have the answer.) Whatever the reason, Colorado is a bit nuts about buffalo. Everything is buffalo this or buffalo that. Buffalo statues are everywhere. coo coo.
  3. Bananas. I get that we have elevation and buffalo but why do these two things make bananas go bad so quickly? Bananas don't last longer than two days here. And the last bunch I bought, they were slightly greener than what I normally buy, went bad while they were still green. The bananas were green and brown--no yellow. If I make anymore banana bread the kids are going to picket.

No comments: