Tuesday, July 15, 2008

This burrito is delicious but it is filling

Yeah, it is midnight and I just finished submitting to a dozen lit agents. The whole submission process is a roller coaster of emotion: am I too cliche, is the writing strong enough, do my armpits smell... I could be delusional. I feel like I can publish, and the next second, I feel like it's crap that britney spears could write. I don't want to categorize my story as middle grade fantasy because I pretty much hate fantasy. I prefer calling it adventure with a touch of magic. But is that just calling dramatic: passionate? Nat and Adam are reading it right now, they have given me a ton of good feedback...you think you're done and then you realize you need to revise another ten times. eeeeeh. We'll see what happens.

So we have been in Denver for a full week today. Finding a house is exhausting. The problem is that Aaron doesn't have to go into the office every day and then the office is downtown. So that leaves the entire metro area as living potential. We ruled out Evergreen (sadly, we doubled the ward's primary on sunday), Broomfield/Westminster (over rated), Littleton (too far from the airport) Lakewood (too old), Highlands Ranch (claustrophobic)...which leaves us with Golden, Parker and Posh Aurora.

We're leaning toward posh Aurora because it is about 20 minutes closer to the airport and work compared to parker. Golden's problem is the same as Evergreen's: one itty bitty ward. I'm dragging Jacqui through PAC (posh arapahoe county: my own nickname for it. It is funny though, the whole area is plastered with signs saying Blah Blah in Arapahoe County, because they are embarrassed to call it by its real name of ghetto Aurora. And it is true, about 90% of Aurora is ghetto. Just check out the schools in Aurora on greatschools.net. The majority of elementaries rate 1's and 2's. You gotta try to earn that low. Of course all the schools in PAC are 10's and 9's. A definite plus.) on Thursday.

We're going through five potentials...but I really only like 2. Aaron is soo thorough, he researches everything mega in depth. The positive, when he finally makes a decision: it's a good one. The negative: ten years. We only have our rental for three more weeks. We could close in that time if we made an offer this weekend. But I don't think Aaron can do that. That would be too spontaneous for him. School starts for lauren on Aug 18th. We need to commit and get over it. We will always be able to find another house that has potential. They say home buying is an emotional decision...although we've researched/driven/sleuthed till no emotion is left. Every day I drive the neighborhoods evaluating everything for a couple of hours. The girls have been super troopers. Although, I think tomorrow we'll just lay around the pool. I'm wiped of house shopping.

No comments: