Wednesday, July 16, 2008

marsha, marsha, marsha

Why is it, when I pray, that the answer is always "patience?" Seriously, you would think Heavenly Father knows me better than that. I suck at patience. I express ship everything! (That's right, I used an exclamation point--because I was shouting that sentence, just then. I shouted...with an exclamation point; you feel me?)

Whenever I ask for something big: patience. I want babies: patience; I want Aaron to get a new job: patience; I want to find a house: patience; I want to publish: patience. Patience, patience, patience. I'm trying but it sucks. I'm a get it done kinda girl. I like to make it happen, capt'n.

Patience sucks. I hate it. I'm sure that's why He keeps trying to teach it to me. The Lord's time does not match my Now. Don't get me wrong, I fully understand working for it; I'm not Veruca Salt. But if I'm working toward something, I need results. Eye on the prize. I like to check off my boxes....not wait around for someone/thing else to check it for me. swine patience.

I guess I should be grateful that patience is the answer instead of "Hell no." I should be grateful that my biggest problem right now in my life is working on being more patient. And I am grateful. Very. I know I am the fresh prince living the sweet life of bel air right now. So I guess I'll suck it up. Arrrrrr, it is hard though.

No comments: