Thursday, May 29, 2008

I'ff Mario Lopez

wow. the past two weeks in a nutshell: listing our house, cleaning it spotless, driving to NorCal, camping in Santa Cruz, getting and accepting an offer on our house, doing vacation laundry (ewww, I hate that Bob Barker), editing my book, oh and losing my mind. Let me elaborate:

So RedBull is requiring that we use a real estate agent, whatever. Two weeks ago, Kenna, our agent, (is her name Kenna because she comes from a house of all girls and her dad wanted to pass on his name Ken or did her parents just think they were clever? My mom keeps pressing that we call our next girl Paula...to pass on Aaron's first name Paul, yeah, that's not going to happen.) didn't even have a sale sign outside or our house on the MLS but she brought through a couple that she has been helping to find a house. They loved it.

Then two days later, when we left for Santa Cruz, the couple went to our ward to see if it was good. She introduced herself in RS as looking to buy our house. Yeah, the RS went nuts. Poor Heidi freaked out because her house has been for sale for six months and she lives five houses down. Anyway, they loved the ward and made an offer on Monday while we were in Sacramento.

We accepted and then went camping with all faveros in Santa Cruz. This is a Memorial Day tradition. Best thing about the past two weeks: sound of the ocean, sand between my toes. Of course, camping with four children all under five is not a vacation. Poor Bryn touched hot coals twice. Only second degree burns, so no emergency room catastrophe but my goodness child, no touchy! By the end of the week, Aaron and I were wasted. And then we got in a car with these banchees and drove ten hours back to Utah.

We got home on Monday. This week has been Grandma detox, Lauren's last week of school, laundry week from hell, and now I need to break Ava. She's turned into a wild beast child.

So I printed a copy of my book and took it with me, I meant to send it to my editors, but decided one more round of edits while on vacation wouldn't hurt. This was a very good thing. Seeing it in print, I was able to catch a lot of rookie mistakes such as: she began, he began quickly. So I'm making the changes tonight, and hopefully, if I find time tomorrow, will print my readers' copies. Even if I don't publish, I'm so crazy proud of myself for doing this. It has been everything I hoped it could be...and it is almost checked off my life list.

So yeah, that's a catch up on my life. We're closing on our house on June 19, then we're homeless. Aaron and I are headed to Denver next week. We're debating between Broomfield and Evergreen. Evergreen is a tiny mountain town about a half hour out of Denver. It is gorgeous but still has snow. We'll see what we find. seacrest out.

No comments: