Monday, January 10, 2011

You're in my world now grandma

"Mom, I can't wait to be a mom!"

"Oh yeah, how come?"

"You get to have babies and fun." (spoken with authority)

I must be doing something right because my day job is looking pretty glam to Ava.

Although, Morgan had a screaming fit all through Target today. As she was melting down (face down pounding and laying on the ground), the checkout girls and I were having a good laugh about it. I've come a long way. If that was Lauren melting down at 3, I would have been close to tears. Today, I just called her bluff.

We finally got some good snow. I'm taking the girls sledding after school. No, no snow day...it has to be 3 feet for that. But we did get a "late start day." No one complained about sleeping in till 8a...except for Morgan. Get up, I'm hungry. Make breakfast.

4 comments:

Alys said...

That is so cute. I love the motherly instinct. So sweet in little girls.

And, the melt down sounds funny. Luckily Harrison is not at that point yet. But, I am sure I will have those days, too.

christy said...

I agree with you. You must be doing something right. Halle told Ryan she wanted a new dad. I think he's doing something right, too.

It's funny how much you can grow as a mom in a few short years. You know you're there when you can laugh in public at those kind of meltdowns instead of getting embarrassed. Way to go. :)

Btw, i miss faveros. I've decided an extra 4 hours can't keep us apart. We'll have to plan something for summer.

christy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sunny said...

Loved the Target melt down. I too, have finally arrived to laughing and calling their bluff.