Thursday, December 30, 2010

Am I on the naughty list?

Morgan asks us this every day. And the answer is yes most days.

We took the girls snowboarding on Monday with the rest of Colorado. Seriously, I overheard workers on the shuttle saying that it was a record day (in the history of the resort) of people. It definitely felt like it. So Aaron and I had this genius idea to all go up to the resort because Ava, Lore and Bryn can all go. We figured, I could take Morgan, Lore and Bryn sledding while Aaron teaches Ava. And then we would swap Ava for Lore and Bryn at lunch.

Of course the kids were crazy tired and complaining the whole time we drove up and that should have been a sign to turn around but that would have been smart. Then the resort was crazy packed. The kids didn't want to sled. Bryn swore her snowboard boots were too small. Whining times 100 (including from Aaron). Beatings all.

So when it is time to switch, we head to the restaurant in the lodge. We stood in line for 45 minutes to get food. And despite our devil day, the kids were really good while we crawled our way to the front of the line. But just before it is my turn to order, Morgan who is starving starts scavenging cold, boot-crushed french fries from off the ground. She was trying to chew as fast as possible so I couldn't spoon it out of her mouth. And then Lauren, who didn't eat breakfast because she was feeling car sick, tells me she's going to throw up and starts dry heaving...just as the girl behind the counter asks me what we want to order. I ordered napkins because Lauren has just puked bile and spit all over the floor. Then I ordered lunch and cleaned up the puke. Seriously.

At this point, Aaron and Ava find us and rescue me from a total nervous break down. What a day.

Christmas tear down sidebar: Today, I took down all the Christmas deco. As I pulled the garland from the mantle, Morgan (very pathetically but sincerely) asked Aaron, "Does this mean Christmas is over?" It broke my heart to tell her yes.

1 comment:

Sunny said...

You're a nice mom...I would have turned around based on the car ride and then for sure at the sight of all the people.