Friday, December 10, 2010

definitely on business...monkey business

Aaron had a work party...in Texas. Spouses were invited. So we booked a babysitter and hopped on a plane to Texas yesterday morning (up at 5a for anyone who is counting). We got into Dallas early because Aaron had meetings all day. What did I do while he sat in long meetings? I grabbed a cab and went shopping, got a manicure and pedicure, worked out, and relaxed. I felt like I was living the dream of Tina Fey from Date Night. And it was everything I knew it would be. Did I call and check on the kids? Nope.

The Red Bull party started at 6:45 at the House of Blues and didn't end till 1am. (That's 6 hours in 4 inch heels. My feet were toast by the end of the night.) They had some up-and-coming country rock band and all the trimmings. We were a long way away from OGIO. Aaron works with a lot of great people and it was fun to attach faces to the names and stories.

And now were home.

2 comments:

Alys said...

That sounds like so much fun! A whole morning by yourself and getting pampered and shopping. I would love it. Sounds like Red Bull has some nice perks.

Sunny said...

What a fun day. Even better when you don't worry about the kids.