After a fast weekend in Utah, my life has been a spiral of thoughts and actions. (Because, hey, I'm a girl who loves action.) This week has mainly been getting ready for Lore's birthday, baptism, and other riparian diversions.
So I invoked the birthday rule of friend parties on 5, 8, 12, & 16. Some say this is a jip for the kids. Others recognize the value. Now that we're to yr 8, I'm mixed but staying the course. The upside, less parties. The downside, the parties have to be big since they really only get 4 friend parties. (Bryn's 5 was at Monkey Bizness--that's business with a Z cuz it's serious.)
So 8 is a really big deal...and I've been making it one. Ryan would be proud of my efforts. Lore is getting a whole birthday weekend. Right now the house is coated in streamers and balloons. Oh and Silly string will make an appearance sometime tomorrow. Lore's friends arrive tomorrow at 10a for a swim party/Wii Just Dance off/ pizza/games/treats/ gift bags/the works. Seriously. I'm bringing in a babysitter for brynavamorgan (of course Aaron has an event at the same time).
Then once the party ends at 2p, we need to run around baptism invites. We're inviting half the neighborhood. This is another thing in which I've been trying to find a balance. I've seen a bunch of baptisms this past year and there is a full spectrum of over-the-top to understated. I'm shooting for the middle. But even the middle is a lot of prep. I'm trying not to sweat it. The important thing is that she dunks under--not what the program looks like. (I do like the invites. smooches.)
Plus Sunday I have sharing time and of course the outline is vague for week 4. Love the outline, but whoever made it skimped on week 4. It is always combined with week 3 or says something like use your imagination. Not what I need this week.
And of course I'm finishing up a website for a friend. Swine flash. I'm getting better at it but it is retarded.
Plus dog.
Plus weekly roundup for the writing bug.
Plus rewriting Puddlejumpers.
Plus running.
Plus some more pluses.
Grow up lemon.
wipeout sidebar: The kids love this show. And I secretly openly love it too. Smooches.
1 comment:
I like the idea of only having a few friend birthday parties. It makes it more special for the kids, and then you aren't overwhelmed with 4 different parties each year.
I hope Lauren has a good birthday! I can't believe she is 8.
Post a Comment