After a long day at the pool, I rounded the girls up to head home. We piled into the car and jabbered about a bunch of things we needed to get done. Bryn was abnormally quiet but I just assumed she was preoccupied with something. When the garage door opened, I surveyed the people in the car to discover that Bryn wasn't in there. I have officially become my mother. I had left Bryn behind at the pool.
There is a family of bunnies that live on the club house grass. Bryn loves to chase them. She really can't leave them alone and I'm constantly tell her to come to the car. But for whatever reason, I had assumed she had gotten into the car. So while she was in pursuit of three bunnies, the rest of us had piled into the car and left.
By the time we doubled back, she had found her way down to the lifeguards. Red eyes and a pink nose. I felt horrible. We both made a promise. She would leave the bunnies alone and I would do a head count before leaving.
2 comments:
Wow! It is good that she went and found the life guard for help. But, I also love that she loves the bunnies. So Bryn!
OOPS! So sorry for both of you! Funny this post with the title of the last post... (I noticed it in Google reader.)
Post a Comment