Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Would you like one lump or two?

I like solving rubik's cubes. I'm getting better at it and can solve it in about a day. Every time I solve it, I put it up somewhere for a few days to bask in the accomplishment. Then I let Lore mess it up and I have another go. This last time Lore scrambled it, I only had time to solve the first two layers. Then Aaron and I went to the temple. I left the cube out on the counter. When we got home, I saw the cube on the counter and the last layer had been solved. So I said to the babysitter, "Hey, you solved the rubik's cube." I was impressed. Then she replied very-matter-of-fact, "Oh no. I peeled the stickers. It was driving me crazy." On closer inspection, I notice all the stickers had been peeled and loosely stuck back on the cube. I couldn't get upset because she was so honest about the whole thing. It didn't even occur to her that she probably shouldn't peel the stickers. So yeah, the stickers have fallen off. I need a new cube.

3 comments:

Alys said...

Some times it amazes me at the stupidity of some people. Like, really? You just ruined my Rubik's cube. Seriously?
I'm sorry. That's a bummer.

Amber King said...

I can't see a Rubik's cube now without thinking about your babysitter. That's too funny.

Sunny said...

What's up with your babysitters? First your cabinets and now the cube...at least she was honest about it.