I'm not sure why I look forward to Friday. It's not like the weekend is any different. In fact, it's often more busy and exhausting. But I guess it's a different busy. What I've got on tap for this weekend: girls night for a friend who is having a baby, a 6 mile run, a baptism, soccer games...I'm sure Aaron will want to go see the puppies. (And I have to admit, they are stink'n cute. But they'll eventually be dogs that will destroy my house and yard. Swine dogs.) These are all fun things, yes? Yes. So it should be a good weekend.
My current frustration: I'm running like a mad dog right now to get ready for Bolder Boulder (Tuesday, alone, I ran 7 miles) and I'm not losing any weight. Sure, I ate my weight in cookies once this week but the rest of the time, I've been a saint. I know there's the argument that I'm building muscle. But I don't want to be ripped, I want to be a gazelle. (or a puma. pumas are sweet.) I feel like a contestant on the Biggest Loser who busts butt all week and gets a 1 on the scale. Or in my case, a zero. Doesn't my body know the pools open at the end of May? And that I'll be living in a swim suit?
2 comments:
Good luck on your run. I am sure you look great. Cookies can be evil though. So yummy, but not good for a slim belly.
I feel your pain but I KNOW you look great. You were one hot mama last summer so I don't know where you could lose any more. I'd probably be super skinny with all the training I'm doing if I could just stop eating so much garbage but I love my sweets. What can I say?
Post a Comment