While my mom was here, we had a few nights together just the two of us since Aaron was out of town. And it was really fun to hang out and chat. My mom loves girly movies. She's seen everything Kate Hudson and JLo have been in and admits it without shame. So when we decided to watch a movie it became glaringly noticeable that I own zero girly movies. My Shakespeares were the closest thing. All we own is comedy/action/kung fu/and an occasional drama. So I thought (knowing my Mom will visit again) I should pick up a few girly flicks. Here's the rub: I don't know which girly flicks are the best. If anyone has an opinion, please pipe up with your favorite girly show.
Please keep in mind that I discriminate against JLO, Kate Hudson, Reese Witherspoon, and the BBC version of Pride & Prejudice. So if your favorite girly show includes any of the previously mentioned, please accept my deepest sympathies for your lack of judgement.
4 comments:
We lack chick flicks, too. Sean can't stand them. But, I watch all kinds of movies with him I don't particularly like. I want to watch that Julie and Julia one about the cooking blog.
First, can I say I love the title of your post! I was laughing so hard when I heard that line on Modern family.
I agree with the above. Mom has mentioned that she loves that movie several time to me. She also loves Mrs. Potter, which, isn't Pride and Prejudice, but it's close from what I hear.
Good Luck, oh and try some Sandra Bullock movies.
another great episode of modern family...
how about big fish? does that qualify as girly? it's hands down my favorite movie and i think that it has enough of a love plot to make it girly.
My vote is The Proposal...it has Sandra Bullock in it and is very predictable...but that's what Mom likes right?! And there are some hilarious scenes in it.
Stay away From Mrs. Potter...I know it's Mom's favorite...but it will kill you.
Post a Comment