Last night, while aaron was out of town, I was watching The Soup while reading Here be Dragons (historical fiction about Wales/England 1200's--very entertaining). Little Bryn burst into the room claiming she had a bad dream. Of course just as she entered the room, The Soup cut to a clip of that guy who goes around the world eating disgusting things. And in his hand at this precise moment was a conch penis: a translucent worm-like wriggling thingy. Bryn, because she notices and hears everything, very innocently asks the following questions:
Mom, are penises mean?
Is that penis angry?
Why is that man eating a penis?
Have we ever eaten penis?
Have you eaten a penis?
Is it a fish?
I tried to explain that the fish was called a conch and the penis is just part of the fish, like a fin or tail. We'll see if she understands. I'm deftly afraid she will announce to her Kindergarten or Primary class that the other night she saw a guy eating a penis on TV. Then, shortly after, I'm sure I'll get a call from child services.
You know you live in a house of all girls when your kindergartner doesn't know the meaning of the word.
today sidebar: I survived it.
4 comments:
That's hilarious! My kids would probably laugh their heads off if they had walked in at the moment. Good luck with her not announcing to her class.
So, when are you going to explain what a penis is? She has to know someday. Anyway, that is a great story. I can't wait to tell Sean.
Super funny! And yes...soomewhere down the road she is going to mention it to someone...get ready.
have you ever been in a turkish prison?
Post a Comment