I ran my 5k on Saturday and I enjoyed it...mildly. At least enough to do it again next year, and possibly one every quarter. I finished 72 of 150+. Not a bad finish considering it was uphill half way. I need to train more with an incline, my lungs were burning at the top of the hill. Gotta love that altitude. One of my friends placed second for girls--she ran the thing in 22 minutes. I'm lucky on a good day to run 2 miles in that much time on a tread mill. So I don't think I'll reach her 7-min mile by next year, but I'm sure I can beat my 12 min.
2 comments:
Way to go, Brookie. You're my hero. Someday (maybe the spring) I want to join that "run in a race" club but I'm thinking sprint triathlon. We'll see if it happens.
Good job! I have no desire to run, especially right now. I am impressed though. And, did you see the movie Run Fat Boy? It was a good one. We enjoyed it.
Post a Comment