Tuesday, September 16, 2008

I have a fever and the prescription is more cowbell

I love fall; it is my favorite season: apple cider, sweaters, gray days, warm rolls, soup, leaves--all good things. Of course, fall also means football season. And for me, and I'm sure countless other wives, it means fantasy football. I loathe fantasy football. Don't get me wrong, I actually love to watch football...when it is a team I care about. But fantasy football means every game, regardless of team, is important because Aaron's or Aaron's opponent's players are worth watching. And don't even get me started on Sports Center--it runs like a ticker in this house. Of course, November is even worse when fantasy basketball starts and he has both going at the same time. I thought action sports dudes weren't suppose to be into team sports, but no I married the one that is into all sports. Sweet for me.

Aaron suggested that I join his league next time but I have no desire. I'm more spiteful; so my newest hobby is going to be creating a painful-for-boys fantasy league...I don't know what to do yet, I welcome any ideas. I was thinking something that centers around the E!, TLC, Oprah, Martha Stewart, or some other crappy (but I secretly love) girl show. We'll see what I come up with.

1 comment:

Natalie said...

I've been reading your posts for the last 20 minutes, laughing my head off. When are you coming back to Utah to visit? Because when you do, we must go out - we need to get all four of us together to talk politics and books.