What a week. It is Thursday tomorrow and I don't know how I got here...I have so many thoughts, some I have broken up below and others I'm just going to spew, but that's how a journal works, right?
As of late, I have had several friends going through very difficult experiences. I am an over empathizer--so much so, that I cut people off to relate rather than quietly listen, I'm working on being a better listener. But in these situations, I cannot relate and I find difficulty trying to be a good friend. But maybe that is when listening becomes more important. In all these situations, the gospel of Jesus Christ is so necessary. I can't imagine going through life without it, it would be dark and depressing.
Tonight, we had a Septembering (I figure Patsy will be proud). I made Toni's decadent molten chocolate cake with sugared raspberries. Delicious. And I served them on fancy dishes--even to little Ava. I felt it necessary to welcome my favorite season. The weather was cool enough today that I even wore a sweater, it wasn't hardy wool but a light short sleeve sweater. Combining short sleeves and sweater should be an oxymoron (like a short sleeve turtleneck), but I feel it is a nice transition into fall. And I love an excuse to wear a sweater.
This past labor day weekend, Ry & Christy and kids came to visit. It was mad fun to be with them. I love that we live closer. Of course, one of the best moments happened just after they arrived. Of course I boobie-trapped their bed and toilet. Ryan went to TCB (Take Care of Business) just as I told Christy that I had snapped (the little firecrackers) the toilet. It was fully loaded too. Seconds later, a loud pop could be heard, even from the downstairs. Ryan screamed and hopped off the toilet. It was worth every snap.
Convention sidebar: Palin has balls.
No comments:
Post a Comment