- Grannie Patsies and Pa Pop pops. Cousins of fun and Ry & Christy to boot. Always a good time.
- Lauren's baptism (technically #1 but I'm writing this chronologically). We got there 30 mins beforehand to find out the font had not been filled. Luckily, the Bishop had a dream that it wouldn't be filled and showed up 15 minutes early. So we moved the program to the Primary room and by the time Lore was ready to be baptized, the font was full...enough--Aaron had to kneel down. Pa and Grandma Patsy did a fabulous job on their talks and I think Lauren felt really special. The highlight for the kids: the watermelon cookies that tasted like hand soap....still, they were all eaten by the end of the weekend.
- 4 hours of pool fun.
- Pop Pop playing the piano for Primary on Sunday.
- Aaron BBQing in a rainstorm that wouldn't relent.
- Gutter sledding.
- Ry's Kansas fireworks. The Fiesta is worth every penny--even in the rain.
- The funnel game times 5 kids. All victims. They know this game. Luke's face priceless but I was filled with guilt for a few seconds.
- Categories with Ava. She got a face full of water and then she quit the family (for the second time that day).
- Walking the dog in the rain.
- Lore and Grannie filling out the baptism book.
- Geo Caching with the wilsons. Go Halle for finding the bolt.
- Watching Pa try to cope from all the kid noise. All in all, he was a good sport.
I'm sure there is more that I'm forgetting. It was a great 4th weekend...minus+plus the rain.
We also saw Jenny and kids on tuesday. Love that girl. Love her kids.
And it is official: I've officially publicly but not offensively cussed the dog. She climbs the fence, wiggles through the bars and get out of the yard every chance she gets. We can't even let her out to go potty. She just makes a dash to escape. So the past few days have included a lot of dog sitting which makes me cuss. Aaron is going to set up a shock collar perimeter on Saturday. We don't know what else to do until she's too big to fit through the bars. She's killing me. I've got another day of dog sitting. I'm over the dog. I still like her, but I'm over it.
4 comments:
We loved the weekend and are so glad we came. How did Settlers not make the list? Just kidding. Thanks for always being the fabulous host. And so sorry about the stinking dog.
The zapping fence will be good. No more cussing.
Yea I'm glad everything went well.
I laughed about your dog post...but you made it a lot longer than I thought you would.
And the Bryn and bunny post...sadly funny.
I can't believe your oldest just got baptized! Wow! I remember the firecracker announcements. Glad everything was nice with family for good memories. Congrats!
Post a Comment