I binged again. This time on new books. Nine new books stacked neatly in my to-read book stack. All middle grade.
I watched Bryn mauling the dog yesterday. The dog is good about taking her abuse. But then I realized: this is how Bryn shows love. So I grabbed her and bundled her up in my arms and mauled her. She loved every minute. Of course Lore got jealous and came to rip Bryn from my arms. But Bryn just crawled back for more mauling. I'll need to maul her more often.
Morgan swims! Yesterday we had a break through at the pool. Morgan finally figured out how to hold her breath, float, and kick her feet at the same time. She plunges all over the shallow end (scaring many of the moms coddling their toddlers) and floats till she can't hold her breath any longer. To the untrained eye, you would think she was dead. But then she emerges, takes a new breath and plunges again. So I took her to the deep end, and pulled her off the steps, release her kung fu grip from my fingers and watched her swim 5 feet on her own. At first she freaked. But then we did it for another hour.
Ava in turn is now a dolphin. I won't have to keep an eagle eye on her next year. I'm so close to relaxing pool time, I can taste it.
2 comments:
Oh, I want to see Morgan swimming. Maybe in Utah? I miss those girls.
Oooh, beautiful! Well done, swim coach. I'm jealous. :)
Post a Comment