Wednesday, July 14, 2010

corn nuts?

I'm binging this week on books. I've shirked more than one duty to read:
  • The Ranger's Apprentice books 2 & 3.
  • And now I'm half way through The Book Thief. (I've been hesitant to read this gem because I've heard mixed reviews on the writing style. But now that I've plunged in I actually love the voice and the style. Unique and entertaining. I was hooked from the first page.)

Why the binge? Why not? And because I have an itch to buy more books but my to-read pile had to drop a few before I could justify it. Now that there are only 3 books in my to-read stack in the book room, I'm spit polishing my B&N card. Of course I need to get Ranger's Apprentice 4-8 and some others.

I know: Ranger's Apprentice? It's a 100 and 75 % hi-fantasy boy book. But fully entertaining and well written. Great for summer. I'm licking them up.

Oh and this is my new favorite book blog: Bookshelf Porn. The name is offensive but the content is heaven on earth.

corn nut sidebar: we bought some this week at Sprouts. I forgot that corn nuts are yuuuuuumy.

No comments: