So we've had Bailey for 4 days now and still no cussing. I'm more patient than I thought....and she's just a really great dog. It is the honeymoon period, of course. But she's only 7 weeks old, so she hasn't got to the I'm-a-crazy-dog stage. Plus, I've been reading a ton on how to train her and it is actually working. Crate training is going well. We've only had three accidents in 4 days. Not bad. The kids are scooping the poop and with all the walks the kids are wearing down too. (An unforseen bonus.)
But let me reiterate this is the honeymoon period, so I'll probably be cussing in a week or two. But maybe not. She's a lover. Not a nippy hyper dog.
3 comments:
That's not too bad. Sean was a champ and trained both Dixie and June Bug while I was at school. I think you just have to be really consistent. Dixie is so good now, she goes by the door when she needs to go. Kind of wish babies did that. HA!
I'm glad things are going well. My girls can't wait to love on your puppy. Let the puppy mauling begin in just one week!!
Pleasantly surprised! Yea for a good puppy.
Post a Comment